Telegraph

This late 18th century townhouse was also the base station for the British Admiralty’s Shutter Telegraph system, opened in 1795 and providing a line-of-sight link between the Admiralty in Whitehall to Deal in Kent: ‘Messages passed from London to Deal in about sixty seconds, and sixty-five sites were in use by 1808’. From Kennington, the next station was at Telegraph Hill. See also The Use of Optical Telegraphs in England and Elsewhere (pdf) / other things. TV Offices rendered as 3D axos, via MeFi. See also sitcom spaces as architectural drawings. And also The Architecture of Alfred Hitchcock / San Rocco Magazine, an architecture publication / not quite sure why Edward Hopper needs animating / the Bakerloo Line extension is out for consultation.

This entry was posted in architecture. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply